In this article, I’ll share the best portfolio examples of content writers I have encountered online and what I admire about them. Please look at these incredible portfolio samples if you’re considering creating your portfolio. They will provide valuable ideas and inspiration and help you craft a portfolio that will stand out.
5 Best Content Writing Portfolio Examples That Stand Out
Developing a well-designed portfolio is a crucial investment for any aspiring writer who wishes to distinguish themselves. With so many writers out there, it’s crucial to make a lasting impression when potential clients reach out to you. When I began working on my website, I took the time to explore existing portfolios, and I found inspiration from most of them that I would like to share with you. Let’s dive right in!
Chima Mmeje is an exceptional SEO copywriter specializing in creating SEO-optimized web copy that effectively drives traffic and boosts conversions for online businesses.
3 things I loved about her service page
- Her compelling value proposition: When you explore Chima’s service page, her words exude confidence and professionalism, leaving no doubt that she is the expert you need to hire. One particular statement caught my attention: “Traffic, impressions, and backlinks may look impressive on a report, but if they fail to convert, they are merely empty promises.” Love it!
- Testimonials: Chima goes above and beyond by showcasing testimonials from satisfied clients. These testimonials provide a sense of certainty and reassurance, demonstrating her ability to deliver outstanding results.
- User Experience (UX) Design: Chima’s website design creates a welcoming and engaging visitor experience. I loved it. The color combinations, bold text emphasizing important information, and user-friendly website navigation were so on point.
Adeife Adeoye is a talented content writer focusing on product-led content for SaaS & Tech companies. She specializes in crafting engaging blog posts, long-form articles, and social media content.
3 things I loved about her portfolio site:
- Her transparent writing process: Adeife’s portfolio site stood out because she thoughtfully shared her writing process in an eye-catching design. Many recruiters are keen to understand how writers generate ideas and develop articles, so including this information was a smart move on her part.
- Her demonstrated results: One thing I love about Adeife’s site is that she provides concrete examples of the results she has achieved for her clients. This proof of her work instills a sense of certainty, which potential clients highly value.
- Her simple yet convincing website: Adeife’s website design is refreshingly simple, yet it effectively conveys her expertise and persuades visitors to hire her. Sometimes, a straightforward approach can have a powerful impact.
Cassidy Horton is a personal finance copywriter and self-proclaimed money nerd based in the vibrant city of Seattle. With an impressive track record, Cassidy has collaborated with renowned brands like Forbes, PayPal, and Clever Girl Finance, making a name for herself in the industry.
3 things I loved about her portfolio site
- Her conversational tone: First and foremost, I was drawn to the conversational tone throughout her website. It felt like I was genuinely conversing with Cassidy rather than just reading generic content. This made the entire browsing experience more engaging and enjoyable.
- Her transparent pricing list: Another aspect I loved was Cassidy’s commitment to transparency and her transparent pricing list. She listed the prices for each of her services, which will be incredibly helpful to potential clients. In addition, Cassidy impressively showcased her extensive portfolio of projects, providing a detailed summary of each one. This demonstrated her breadth of experience and solidified her expertise and capabilities as a personal finance copywriter.
- Her storytelling: As I explored her website, I discovered how she managed to conquer her post-college debt. It convinced me that she truly understood many people’s financial challenges and had the knowledge and experience to help people overcome them.
Jessica Walrack is a highly skilled freelance finance writer with over 10 years of experience. Her expertise has proven invaluable in assisting numerous businesses in achieving growth through search engine-optimized blogs and articles. With her exceptional knowledge and dedication, Jessica has become a trusted partner for businesses seeking to enhance their online presence and drive success.
3 things I loved about her portfolio site
- The clarity of her writing style: Browsing through Jessica’s website was an effortless experience. Every content was eloquently crafted, and her value proposition was unmistakable.
- Evidence of her accomplishments: I loved the inclusion of author pages showcasing the diverse range of clients Jessica has collaborated with. It serves as tangible proof of her impressive body of work.
- Extensive industry expertise: It’s hard to resist the appeal of someone with a decade-long field tenure and assisted countless clients. This section particularly caught my attention because adhering to Google’s E-A-T guideline is crucial, and Jessica’s extensive experience makes her an ideal candidate for such endeavors.
Aaron Orendorff is a seasoned B2B content strategist and writer who excels in creating human-centric content that generates qualified leads and scales effectively over time. With his expertise, businesses can trust his ability to craft compelling and impactful content strategies that resonate with target audiences and drive long-term growth.
3 things I loved about his portfolio site
- His hook: “Saving the world from bad content,” is an impressive catchphrase. In today’s age of abundant AI tools flooding the internet, protecting and preserving valuable content is more important than ever.
- His track record of success: Over the course of two years, he has achieved an extraordinary +1,719% increase in organic traffic, a remarkable +664% growth in inbound SQLs, and an impressive +823% year-over-year increase in MQLs (Marketing Qualified Leads) through his effective use of content CTAs. These impressive results prove his expertise in crafting compelling and persuasive content that drives valuable actions.
- The simplicity of his website: Unlike websites cluttered with irrelevant pages, Aaron’s website is concise and straight to the point. This streamlined approach enhances the user experience and ensures visitors can easily find the information they seek.
What should you include in a writing portfolio?
Drawing inspiration from the examples above, here are some things you must include in your portfolio:
Compelling Value Proposition
Clearly articulate your unique selling points and the value you bring as a writer. Show potential clients why they should choose you over others and how your skills can benefit their specific needs.
Testimonials and Social Proof
Showcase testimonials or reviews from satisfied clients to build trust and demonstrate your ability to deliver outstanding results. Social proof can greatly influence potential clients’ decision-making process.
Clear Writing Process
Provide insights into your writing process to demonstrate your approach, creativity, and expertise in generating ideas and developing high-quality content. This can give potential clients confidence in your abilities.
Highlight specific examples or case studies of successful projects you have worked on. Showcasing measurable results and the impact of your writing can greatly strengthen your portfolio and attract potential clients.
Simple and User-Friendly Website Design
Create a visually appealing and easy-to-navigate portfolio website. A clean and well-organized design enhances the user experience and allows visitors to find the information they are looking for quickly.
Transparent Pricing and Services
Clearly outline your services and pricing structure. Being transparent about your rates can help potential clients understand the investment required and determine if it aligns with their budget.
Industry Expertise and Specializations
Highlight your areas of expertise and specialization within the writing industry. Clearly define the specific niches or industries you excel in, as this can attract clients looking for writers with specialized knowledge.
Engaging and Conversational Tone
Infuse your portfolio with your unique voice and writing style. Engage potential clients by crafting content that feels like a genuine conversation, making it more enjoyable and memorable.
Portfolio of Work Samples
Include a selection of your best work samples that showcase your versatility, writing style, and ability to tailor content to different audiences and platforms. These samples represent your range of skills and demonstrate your ability to adapt to various writing requirements.
Contact Information and Call to Action
Make it easy for potential clients to contact you by providing clear and visible contact information. Include a strong call to action, encouraging visitors to reach out and discuss their writing needs.
The Bottom Line
A well-designed portfolio is necessary if you’re a writer looking to connect with potential clients. My website is a good example as well. Take a moment to check out my portfolio site – I’d love to hear what you think about it! And if you enjoyed reading this article, I’d be thrilled if you could do me a favor and share it on Twitter and LinkedIn. Don’t forget to tag me! Thanks a bunch!